1. Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.
2. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
3. The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.
4. You left and I cried tears of blood. My sorrow grows. Its not just that You left. But when You left my eyes went with You. Now, how will I cry?
5. Joy lives concealed in grief.
6. Don’t run away from grief, o’ soul/ Look for the remedy inside the pain/ because the rose came from the thorn/ and the ruby came from a stone.
7. You left ground and sky weeping, mind and soul full of grief. No one can take your place in existence or in absence.
8. Whoever finds love beneath hurt and grief disappears into emptiness with a thousand new disguises.
9. Your grief for what you’ve lost lifts a mirror up to where you’re bravely working.
10. “Keep your intelligence white hot and your grief glistening” so your life will stay fresh.