Are you looking for views on education by american abolitionist? Then, you can grab the frederick douglass education quotes who was social reformer and abolitionist.
1. Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.
2. Though conscious of the difficulty of learning without a teacher, I set out with high hope, and a fixed purpose, at whatever cost of trouble, to learn how to read.
3. Education means emancipation. It means light and liberty. It means the uplifting of the soul of man into the glorious light of truth, the light by which men can only be made free.
4. As many of these as I could, I converted into teachers. With their kindly aid, obtained at different times and in different places, I finally succeeded in learning to read.
5. Intelligence is a great leveller here as elsewhere.
6. Knowledge unfits a child to be a slave.
7. It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.