Original Name: Marguerite Annie Johnson
Notable Book: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Notable Poem: On the Pulse of Morning
She also presented her views about women and here we presented those maya angelou strong quotes about women. Read now…
1. I’m a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That’s me.
2. I’m interested in women’s health because I’m a woman. I’d be a darn fool not to be on my own side.
3. I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life.
4. Most plain girls are virtuous because of the scarcity of opportunity to be otherwise.
5. A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.
6. Courage allows the successful woman to fail and to learn powerful lessons from the failure – so that in the end, she didn’t fail at all.
7. A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.
8. A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and herself only.
9. Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.
10. Stepping onto a brand new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.
11. The wise woman thinks twice and speaks once or, better yet, does not speak at all.
12. I would like to be known as an intelligent woman, a courageous woman, a loving woman, a woman who teaches by being.